Search marketing has become very popular as online search has gone from being a novelty to a common occurrence in our everyday lives. A good amount of small businesses around the world regardless of industry have some kind of web presence, and every single one of them is competing for only a handful of positions at the top of search-engine results pages (SERPs).
Because of how important search marketing has become, I often get asked by my clients (who are usually small business owners) what strategies should they employ in order to improve their rankings in different search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc) . Off course my first answer is always HIRE ME 😉 . However, being an entrepreneur is being a "servant" to your customers and solving their problems.
So, in that spirit, I decided to create a 10 part series where I will share simple tips that will help my clients and other small businesses (#dentist, #lawyer, #barber, #barbershops, #doctor, #accountant, #taxpreparer, #agency, #medicaldoctor, #hairsalon) improve their rankings in search engines. Also this is to help me avoid repeating the same answers over and over again as well 😉. OK, here are the first 10 tips to improve your small business website ranking:
1) No SEO means no visitors from search engines. If you don’t do it then search engines can’t categorise and rank your site for keywords relevant to your business.
2) Both on-site SEO and off-site SEO are required. You can’t achieve good results doing one without the other.
3) Start doing SEO now. The longer you leave it to start, the further ahead your competitors will be, and the harder it becomes to rank higher than them.
4) Know your competition. Find out what the sites ranking on the 1st page for the keywords that you want to rank for have done, on-site and off-site, to get there.
5) No two websites are the same. An SEO strategy that worked for someone else’s site isn’t guaranteed to work for yours because there are so many variables.
6) SEO doesn’t have to be expensive. You can get big results on a small budget if you invest time in creating good content and building online relationships.
7) SEO results aren’t instant. The results of SEO work done today might not become apparent, and might not be credited by search engines, for weeks, or even months.
8) The newer your website is, the more patient you will need to be. It takes time to build authority and trust, and until you’ve developed both, you shouldn’t expect to outrank older, more established sites.
9) Never consider your website to be finished. If you want your site to continue to rank higher, attract more visitors and make more sales, then you should always be adding to and improving it.
10) Adapt to algorithm updates. To attain and retain good rankings you need to adapt your SEO strategy as search engines evolve over time.
I hope this article was helpful and that it sheds some light on how you can improve your small business website ranking. I will have part 2 of this article in the upcoming weeks. If you have questions or are ready to have your small business website built and Search Engine Optimized, feel free to book me here: http://www.bafiasoft.com/#booknow/ or call me directly at 240-232-2818 .
You can also view some of the work I have done for past clients here: http://www.bafiasoft.com/portfolio/ . I am looking forward to helping you drive traffic to your website and customers to your business through the newly designed and SEO friendly website I will build for you.